Become an OGA Volunteer: Becoming a volunteer is simple. Just fill out the Volunteer Application Form. Someone from our team will contact you shortly thereafter. You will be invited to attend a training seminar, championship or course rating event to observe our volunteers so that you can decide what role or group is best for you.
What are the time committments? The amount of time you spend volunteering with the OGA is entirely up to you. Volunteers sign-up to work at least a six hour shift, if not all day, at our championships and Oregon Junior Golf events.
- Hotel accomodations for away tournaments
- Training Day: Includes job training, lunch and golf
Volunteer Benefits (8+ shifts)
- Exceptional Service Card: Includes golfing benefits at select courses
- Volunteer Appreciation Day: Includes golf (Premier Course), dinner and Volunteer of the Year awards
Tournament Assistance Group (TAG) Team
This is our largest group of volunteers. Assisting in hosting anything from a casual play day for Junior Golf to running a US Open Sectional Qualifier. These volunteers do it all. Below are typical duties of a TAG Volunteer:
- Rules Official
- Live Scoring Official
- Pace of Play Checkpoint Official
- Leaderboard Attendant