OGA Director of Membership & Outreach
Position: OGA Director of Membership & Outreach
Reports to: OGA Chief Executive Officer
Status: Regular/exempt, full-time employee
Job Summary: The Director of Membership and Outreach (DMO) will oversee the Association’s membership development initiatives and enhancement of its programs and services. This position will oversee the OGA’s relationship with key partners and constituents throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington. The DMO will further strengthen those ties and develop strategies to enhance the Association’s connection with its partners and will assist in improving the value of OGA Membership and communicating that value to clubs and individuals.
- Serve as “Chief Relationship Officer / Ambassador” to facilitate enhanced cooperation among golf courses, OGA Member Clubs, individual OGA Members, corporate partners and other entities.
- Primary area of focus is working with golf course administrators and member club directors at all 200+ “green grass facilities” in the region. Strengthen existing relationships and develop new contacts; enable better collaboration and information exchange.
- Grow and foster the OGA’s Directors Program, providing regular communication with club officials and assisting them with membership renewal strategies; create club officer “Tool Kit.”
- Help streamline all outreach efforts; work collaboratively with other departments in helping facilitate requests; research and compile all golf course involvement with the OGA to better understand how to drive value to them.
- Oversee all aspects of the Explore Oregon Passport program; work with participating courses to improve offers; target and encourage new facilities to participate in future editions; facilitate all over-the-phone sales and daily fulfillment.
- Manage U-30 Program (young adult membership). Work with facilities to add / improve U-30 Membership savings opportunities; coordinate with Oregon Junior Golf department to develop a membership pipeline to U-30.
- Join colleagues in finding new ways to grow OGA Membership. Identify ways to reach all demographics as well as underserved communities; promote diversity & inclusion throughout.
- Oversee all aspects of the OGA Annual Director’s Meeting featuring information sharing between OGA Executive Committee, OGA Staff and Directors from OGA Member Clubs.
- Golf Alliance of Oregon – assist CEO with representation on the Alliance to help foster improved relationships.
- Develop and manage budget
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Qualifications / Skill Sets Required:
- Possess a strong work ethic, self-motivation and is an enthusiastic team player; golf background and previous experience in golf administration is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image at all times.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the goals and philosophy of the Oregon Golf Association.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; has sound judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time management and problem-prevention skills.
- Displays creativity.
- Has strong computer literacy with ability to learn new software and systems easily; experience with social media platforms.
- Shows diplomacy in dealings with diverse constituencies.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight; able to drive.
- A strong working knowledge of the golf industry is a bonus.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 80% of time is spent working at a desk, remainder moving around work areas and traveling to member clubs and facilities or attending off-site meetings Speaking/Hearing: Can effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and outside agencies by telephone and in person.
- Vision: Ability to use a computer screen and interpret printed materials and other paperwork.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport 20 pounds of supplies.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The OGA offers a complete benefits package including health and dental insurance, Simple IRA Retirement Plan, paid vacation and holidays, company smart phone and golf privileges.
Please send cover letter and resume with salary expectations to: Barb Trammell, CEO Oregon Golf Association: email@example.com. Application deadline: February 28, 2020